mardi 25 novembre 2008

It takes courage to...


...do "accrobranche".


Accrobranche is a french word which means a kind of a treetop adventure. It's a sporty obstacle course at the top of the trees.
You are reassure with a safety harness and you have to go from footbridges to footbridges, walking on beams, hanging from rings or using tyrolean.

I suffer from vertigo but I love this activity, specially when I go with friends because then, I don't pay attention to the height.

There is one "accrobranche" place in the forest near my house. You have 5 levels : the green one where footbridges are between 4 and 6 metres from the floor, the blue one (6-8 metres), the red one (8-10 metres), the black one (10-12 metres) and the extreme one (more than 12 metres). The higher the footbridges are, the more difficult to cross are the "obstacles".

I usually do the red, the black and the extreme one because I like challenges. But everytime, I get stuck at the same place.
There is a footbridge, which is 14 metres above the floor, and where you have a rope and in front of you a net tight between two trees. Your goal is to catch the rope, jump into the space, and to catch hold of the net.
And everytime, i'm so much scared that it takes me more than 15 minutes to do it ! But I don't have a choice because there is no escape so I have as much time as I want but I have to jump !

And everytime I say "never again" but finally I go back and I'll try it again and again until I could jump without being scared !

Aucun commentaire: